Sunday, December 19, 2021

Advent Sunday Lunch

No business class upgrade this time

I'm back in Berlin for Christmas.  On one hand it seems like it's been so long since my last visit.  On the other hand it seems like I was just here.  Which is true because it's only been eleven weeks.


I got here yesterday and today we went over to Oma and Opa's house for Advent Sunday lunch.  Today is the 4th Advent Sunday before Christmas on Friday.

As usual, Claudia's mom cooked up a feast.  Venison, wild boar, dumplings, potatoes, gravy, white cabbage, red cabbage, and green cabbage.  I know that it sounds like a lot of cabbage but they all taste so different and all are delicious.  I already know that I'm getting some jars of red and green cabbage sent back home with me.

Some of Claudia's family joined us for lunch which meant that Claudia, Tünde, and I got to sit at the kid's table.  It's been a while since I was at the kid's table.  

It's a good thing that I'm been losing weight because Oma has been baking.  Oh so many delicious sweets.  My favourites are the gingerbread and the glühweinkuchen which is mulled wine cake.  


After lunch, which was basically a late lunch/early dinner, we went out for a walk in the neighbourhood.

In Germany, some people do decorate the outside of the homes for Christmas but nothing super flashy.  You won't find a Griswold house over here.  

It's hard to believe that it's Christmas already.  It's so good to be back here for the holidays.  I know that it's going to be way better than last year's Covid-Christmas.

Tünde has already begun the to-do list.  There's always a list.  But who knows?  Maybe there's a chance of hitting Nikolaiviertel for a traditional Feuerzangenbowle.

No comments:

Post a Comment