Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Quiet Sunday

I had a good day today. I went down to the city center and toured the old city hall. I'll post the pictures and descriptions on Flickr this week.

I also walked over to the Galerie Vaňkovka to check out the big shopping mall here. It is still weird to see people smoking in a mall food court.

I went to a lékárna (pharmacy) to buy some aspirin. Of course... that is kept behind the counter. Thank goodness the clerk spoke German so it was an easy purchase.

The Internet signal at the temporary flat has been really bad today so I decided to walk a couple of blocks to a patio bar that has Wi-Fi. I ordered a beer and a salad with chicken. I guess I need to learn about the different kinds of salad they have here because the waiter brought me a bowl of cucumbers, green peppers and grilled chicken tossed in oil & vinegar. At least it looked pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment