Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey Drama

Czech (NO) customer service is about to send me over the edge.  Seeing as I will pay money, why can't they just deliver what the hell I actually order?

Thanksgiving is fast approaching.  Therefore, it's time for turkey drama.  I don't understand why it has to be so bloody difficult to get a turkey.

Claudia has a new favorite butcher shop that is only a few blocks from my flat.  So she placed an online order for a 10 kg (22 lbs).  The shop replied that they would order the turkey and that it would be 13 - 15 kilos (29 - 33 lbs).  Ummm...not what the hell we requested.  The largest turkey we've had so far was 14 kg and it just barely fit in to my oven.  I was not about to try my luck and end up with a 15 kg bird.   

Kamila, for some reason, convinced me to give the halal shop another try.  Katka placed the order and all was fine.  Fortunately, we called, just to double check.  Yes, they will order the turkey.  Yes, they know what size I want.  Yes, I can pick it up on Friday.  They will call back to let me know if they will receive it.  By the way, it will be between 8 kg and 13 kg, if they get it. Thanks but no thanks.  I'm not taking a chance on not getting what I want.

After multiple telephone calls, I ended up confirming the order with the same turkey farm in Židlochovice that we normally use.  I'll get an 8 kg (17.6 lb) bird on Friday.  Not quite the 10 kg that I wanted but close enough.

Now to try to find the sweet potatoes...
Me & my 8 kg bird



EDIT:  I managed to get the sweet potatoes on Thursday and picked up the turkey on Friday at noon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment