Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Driver's License Renewal

I got my Czech driver's license back in 2011 which was good for ten years.  To be honest I haven't driven much anyways.  I don't have a car here in Czechland and I don't need one thanks to the great public transportation system here.  To be honest I can't remember the last time I even drove in the past 8 or so years.

There was plenty of information on online about applying for a Czech license but nothing about renewing an existing one.  At least not in English.  I went online last week and managed to book an appointment for today right before lunch time.  I was provided a code and when I got there, I entered the code into the ticket machine and waited to be called.  

Once called I showed the clerk my license.  She printed off some forms, I double checked the data and signed the form.  She told me that I could make an appointment to pick up my new license in 2 to 4 weeks.  That was it.  I didn't have to give them a photo.  No fee and I kept my current license.  

My license actually expires today but I suppose that with this little paper I could theoretically keep driving until I pick up my new license.  I guess in Czechland. I wouldn't want to test this driving outside the country.

The best part was that I was in and out of the office in only 7 minutes.  Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment