Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday Kometa Match

I've been wanting to see a Kometa hockey match since I move to Brno.  Getting tickets, however, is not an easy thing to do.

Kajot Arena
Brno's Kometa (Comet) hockey team is the 2nd most successful team in the country.  Kometa fans are extremely loyal.  Even when they aren't playing well, it is tough to get tickets.



For my birthday, Katka and Natalie scored me a couple of tickets to a preseason match last night against St. Petersburg.  Awesome!!  Thanks Chicas!!


The match was a lot of fun and we had great seats right in the center of the rink.  Normally, most people buy tickets in the standing section on either end of the rink.


It was a kick to listen to everyone get all fired up about their team and wave their blue Kometa scarves.  In the end Kometa won 2:1 over Russia in a shoot-out.

Here's a short video I took and posted out on YouTube.  Now I can't wait to see a regular season match.

No comments:

Post a Comment