Thursday, June 4, 2009

Temporary Living Arrangements

My temporary living situation is now sorted out. I am going to stay in a studio flat during my first month in Brno. This will give me some time to figure out the city and find a flat.

The studio should be convenient enough. It is 32 m2 (almost 345 sq feet) with a 5 m2 (~54 sq feet) balcony. Oh Dear Lord! The metric system is going to kick my butt!

The flat has a couch/pull out bed, a cooker (stove top burner) and a small refrigerator. It comes with linens, kitchen utinsels and Internet access. The bad thing is that it does not have a shower. It has a tub with a hand shower. Not ideal but I can deal for a month. But my permanent flat must have a shower!

The flat is on Božetĕchova street in Královo Pole which I think is one of the hipper neighborhoods. It is also close to IBM where I'll be working. Not sure how long it will take me to get to work every day.

But it's just a 5-minute walk to the nearest tram stop and then only a 12-minute ride to reach the center of town.

1 comment:

  1. We're very proud and excited for you as you embark on your new adventure. We'll miss you, but looking forward to the week with you before you depart.
    Our love to you, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete