Saturday, April 1, 2017

Old Man Eyes

I went to my GP clinic this week to see the optometrist and she diagnosed me with "old man eyes".  I asked her how bad it is and she started off with "at your age...".

I guess it could be considered as kind of rude by some people but she said it jokingly.  I appreciated that she had a sense of humour about it.

The prescription isn't that bad and I just need reading glasses.  My VZP insurance entitles me to new glasses every three years.

The prescription comes with a 150 Kč ($6.90) discount on frames.  That's not a whole lot so I end up paying out-of-pocket for better frames and anti-glare, anti-scratch lenses.  The discount is taken at the store so I don't need to submit anything to the insurance company.  I should get my new glasses in seven to ten days.

No comments:

Post a Comment