Saturday, August 8, 2020

Prague Embassy COVID-19 Warning

I'm still registered in the Smart Traveler Enrolment Program (STEP) with the U.S. State Department so they know that I've living in Brno.  Yesterday the U.S. State Department sent me a travel warning for the Czech Republic.  Basically that due to COVID-19 the government thinks that I should reconsider travel to Czechland.    

The rub is that I think the COVID-19 situation is better here than it is in the USA right now.  In addition I don't need the government to book me on a repatriation flight and have my passport cancelled until the bill is sorted.  

What annoyed me was that the the webpage of the U.S. Embassy in Prague hasn't been updated since 7 April 2020.    

I shared on Instagram that the webpage was out of date.

Obdržel jsem cestovní varování COVID-19 pro Česko. Velvyslanectví Prahy webovou stránku neaktualizovalo od 7.4. Yesterday I received a #covid19 @statedept travel warning for #czechrepublic but the @usembassyprague hasn't updated it's webpage since 7 April. 😷🇺🇸🇨🇿🇪🇺

The Embassy did respond to me with the following: "Yes, this is a page from April 7.  You can see all updates of this page here: https://cz.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/ "

While this link is updated, I don't understand what's the point of still having out of date information online?  I asked them this and showed that this link is still valid. https://cz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Let's see what the reply will be.

Update: December 2020, the Embassy never responded back.  One page on the embassy website is up to date.  But the outdated 7 April page is still up and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment