Friday, June 26, 2020

2020 Travel Plans

This was supposed to be a big travel year this year.  Well thanks to COVID-19, the state of emergency, and travel restrictions it hasn't worked out that way.

I had trips planned to 20 countries this year.  20 in 2020.  Most have already been cancelled, like my March trip to Ukraine, Hungary, and Romania, and my Easter trip to Banja Luka in Bosnia and Herzegovina.  My future trips I expect will get cancelled too.  My two new countries this year were going to be Cambodia and Vietnam.  I am supposed to go to Kaliningrad, the Russian exclave on the Baltic between Poland and Lithuania.  I don't see Russia opening their borders by September so I'm waiting for airBaltic to offer me a refund.

The biggest disappointment was not being able to see my family this year and missing my niece's high school graduation.  Unfortunately, due to lock down her graduation ceremony was cancelled anyway.

The 20 planned countries for 2020

Like everyone else I have a bit of cabin fever from being on home lock down.  I for sure miss traveling.  However, I'm healthy.  All of my family is healthy.  I haven't lost my job.  So in the big scheme of things I'm lucky and I really can't complain.  

One of my mates suggested putting together a collage of all of the countries I've been in.  I liked the idea so I pulled out a picture for every country I've been since moving to Czechland in July 2009.  These were posted to my Instagram so a few of these collages repeat the Czech flag.  I didn't have a great photo from Luxembourg and I somehow missed getting a photo of myself in Kyrgyzstan.  I guess I need to go back sometime for photos.  I really have been pretty blessed to visit so many amazing places.








No comments:

Post a Comment