Sunday, November 25, 2018

Back in Hong Kong

Hong Kong isn't that big but there's so much to see and do that you don't have to repeat the same sightseeing unless you want to.

Aberdeen is located on the southwest side of Hong Kong Island.  In Cantonese, 香港仔,  the name translates to "Little Hong Kong."  The area is home to around 80,000 people and its harbour is home to several floating restaurants.

There's a nice little promenade for a stroll along the harbour.

The local Tin Hau Temple was built in 1851.



In 2004, the Avenue of Stars opened along the Victoria Harbour waterfront.  It's the Hong Kong version of the Hollywood Walk of Fame and it honours the local film industry.



I wanted to see the 2,5 metre Bruce Lee statue the last time I was here but it was closed off for renovations.



Well the whole avenue has been moved during the three year project but at least this time I at least got to see everything, except Bruce.  Damn!  Guess I need another return visa in a couple of years.

I was able to overcome my disappointment of missing Bruce Lee for a second time by having lunch at Tim Ho Wan.  Fortunately we timed everything right and we didn't have to wait in the queue for too long.



Lunch at a Michelin Star rated restaurant ticks another item off of my bucket list.  This place has to have the best dim sum I've ever had.  Lunch for two for less than €20.  Highly recommended!



One thing well worth doing over and over in Hong Kong is going to Kowloon to view the Hong Kong Harbour at night.  This never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment