Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pezinok Wine Festival

This weekend I made my first trip since moving to Brno. A round trip train ticket to Bratislava is only 345 Kč (~$20) and takes 1.5 hours.

It was nice to get away for the weekend but the difference was amazing. In Brno, I feel like I live in Europe. In Bratislava, I felt like I was in Eastern Europe for the first time. To be fair, I did not see much of the city but everything seemed so gray. Besides, this weekend was all about going to Pezinok. And I know that I'll be back to Bratislava often to hang out with friends and to actually check out the sights.

On Saturday, Marcus' friends Quentin & Alena joined us on our 20 km pilgrimage to Pezinok. He's French and she's Slovak and they are a lot of fun. The festival was more like a carnival with rides, games and vendors. We found this perfect wine bar with outside tables and 1 liter pitchers of wine for €3 (~$4.50). Needless to say, we went through lots of pitchers. =)

While waiting for the last train back to Bratislava, Marcus and I ended up meeting some of the U.S. marine embassy guards. They were a lot of fun to talk to and we ended up clubbing with them back in the city. I forgot what it was like to party with marines.

Marcus & I decided to go on this ride just to get the day started. It was €4 but so worth it. Thank goodness we had the sense to ride it before we had any wine.
Overall it was great weekend with lots of laughs. The rest of the pictures are already up on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment