Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Mail

Today was an eventful day. I finally had something in my mailbox...a letter from the U.S. It's about damn time ya'll!!! But then again, with Skype, Facebook, Sametime, and IM's it's not like I'm not in the loop. I don't know if I could have been done this whole expat thing pre-Internet.

I found a gym that I can go workout at. It is only about a block away from my flat. And I don't need a contract. It's 65 Kč (~$3.60 U.S.) per visit or 600 Kč (~$33) per month. It's going to be nice to start working out again. And once my household goods get here in about 5 or 6 weeks, I'll have my spin shoes and be back on a bike. http://www.spinningafitness.cz/

After work I went to the tram station and bought my 1st train ticket. It is always cheaper to buy a round-trip ticket and the cool thing is that the return portion is good for 30 days. So you have a lot of flexibility when traveling.

This weekend is my first road trip to Bratislava, Slovakia. Marcus and I are going to a wine festival in Pezinok on Saturday. It should be a lot of fun. Now I've been told that Bratislava is not really as bad as they portrayed it in the movie Eurotrip. Let's hope not...

No comments:

Post a Comment