Sunday, March 13, 2022

Three Week Update

I am over Covid and I'm cleared to return to work tomorrow.  The doctor wants me to take it easy still.  I'm not allowed any strenuous exercise or sport for at least three months because, as she put it, "at your age we want to be careful".  I swear that I didn't feel old when I turned 50, but I'm starting to with all of these "at your age" comments.

I had my first two Covid vaccinations in May and June and then I had my booster in December.  Covid kicked my butt for almost a month.  I don't want to imagine how bad it could have been if I hadn't received my vaccines and booster.  

I'm also very grateful that I didn't have to worry about the cost of being sick.  The Czech healthcare and social insurance system meant that I could focus on getting better without the fear of financial ruin.  In the USA, the vast majority of Americans are one major disease away from bankruptcy.  

I've had a goatee for years but I've never tried growing a beard before.  While I was stuck at home I didn't bother shaving.  I was starting to look like a mountain man so now I'm going to give a beard a try.  What do think?

Before and after

I've also managed to keep the -27 kg for a week.  

Let's see if I can keep it up.  I'll be happy just to keep the -25,4 kg off for an entire month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment