Monday, June 20, 2022

Delayed Sleeper Train

Natalie booked sleeper train ticket from Budapest to Frankfurt Oder.  She booked two sleeper berths so that when the train stopped in Břeclav, I could jump on and then we would arrive in Germany together and we would then go to Erkner where Claudia would pick us up.  Easy enough.  Except, in my experience, nothing coming out of Hungary is ever on time.

Headed to Břeclav

Nat's train was supposed to leave Budapest at 19:29 but it left 28 minutes late.  The train was supposed to arrive in Břeclav at 23:04 and depart again at 23:50.  I made it home from Frankfurt am Main,  Unpacked, showered, repacked and hopped on a local train to Břeclav where I found out that Nat's train was delayed.  There's not a whole lot to do at the Břeclav train station after 23:00 while you're waiting for a delayed train.

I did discover that there's a train museum inside the Břeclav train station.  It was closed but maybe I'll have a chance to check it out some other time.

Inside the station there's also a monument to the locals to fought and died in WW2.

The train finally arrived a little after 2:30 and I jumped on.  I was so ready for that sleeper berth.


Headed to Erkner

The train then continued on through Poland before finally getting to Frankfurt Oder.  From there we jumped on a regional train to Erkner, which I got to use for free thanks to the €9 ticket that I bought before last weekend's concert.

Claudia and Tünde picked us up at the Erkner.  Claudia's parents were away for the weekend so we headed over to their place to use the swimming pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment