Friday, December 27, 2019

More Christmas Fun

After Christmas we had a couple of days to hang out and relax in Berlin.  Nat and I went in to the city to do a bit of sightseeing.  

The godparents at the cathedral






We hung out at Alexanderplatz, went over to Nikolaiviertel for a Feuerzangenbowle, and had some hot mulled wine and snacks at the Christmas Market  at Gendarmenmarkt.  

It also meant watching Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel a couple of days in a row.  In Czechland it's Popelka.  It's a cute film but only for Tünde am I watching this two days in a row.



There's ice skating next to the beach in Friedrichshagen.  The last time I was on ice skates was 27 years ago, in Germany, with my girlfriend.  Clearly a long time ago.  I'm proud that I didn't do too bad.  I didn't fall and before we left I was skating backwards and doing turns.

Of course I managed to squeeze in a stop at my favourite Döner Kebab shop at Bölcherstraße.

Tonight we took the whole Berlin family out to dinner at a Creole place.  It was delicious but who would have thought that there would be creole spot here.

Tomorrow morning Nat and I are catching an early train to Brno so I'll have a house guest for a couple of days.  It will be nice to have the Kiwi back in Brno.

No comments:

Post a Comment