Monday, July 1, 2013

4 Years in Czechland

Today is a big day.  For years ago I set foot in Czechland and began this adventure.  Most people can't believe that I moved to a country without ever having been here before.  I can't believe that it has been four years.  Where did the time go?

When I started this trip, my agreement with work was that I would stay for two years with possible one year extension.  Well it's four years later and I've already extended my visa until 2015.

It's been quite the proper adventure.  And one that seems properly balanced between a job that I enjoy, great friends and lots of travel. 

On the downside, there's the cold.  Plus, my family and best friends are so bloody far away.  Thank goodness for e-mail, Facebook, and my Sunday Skype sessions.  Let's see what the next year brings.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much we miss you in Atlanta!!! But I am glad you have had such a great adventure and I know there will be many more adventures to come.

    ReplyDelete