Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Czech School of Atlanta

Atlanta is getting its very own Czech school.  Who would've thought!?!

The Czech School of Atlanta will begin offering Saturday courses on September 14th.  With approximately 700 to 1,000 Czech families in Atlanta (again, who knew?), the goal is to teach kids Czech language, history and cultural heritage.

Classes will be offered at the Sandy Springs Middle Charter School and initially to children between 2 and 12.  The goal is to eventually offer courses for older kids and adult language courses.

Attending the opening festivities will be George Novák, the Atlanta-based honorary consul general of the Czech Republic.  I never even knew that Atlanta had an honorary Czech consul.  Had I known that in advance, I bet I could have met someone in the ATL that could have given me some inside knowledge about Brno before I began this adventure.  Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment