Wednesday, February 17, 2021

New Exam Date

This morning I was able to register online for a new exam date.  Exam dates were offered in a few cities across the country for 13.3. and 10.4.  Unfortunately, no exams were offered in Brno.  Or in Olomouc either.  Ugh!

If I want to take my exam in Brno then I have to wait until May, at the earliest, and there's no guarantee that I'll get a spot.  So I decided to take the exam in Prague.  Given the constant changing restrictions I feel that the March date may get cancelled so I'm registered for 10.4.  Thanks to Covid-19 my exams have been delayed almost a year.  This is the 3rd time that I'm scheduled to take the Czech citizenship test and B1 language exam.  Fingers crossed that get to take my exams this time.  Third time is a charm, right?

I paid 4900 Kč ($226) for my exams in 2019.  The prices increased this year to 5500 Kč ($254).  When I registered I wrote in the comment field what I paid in 2019 and that my 2020 exams on 25.4. and 5.12. were both cancelled due to Covid.  I received an e-mail about an hour later thanking me for the information and that my exams are covered with no extra cost.

In order to take my exams I have to present a negative Covid-19 test result, PCR or antigenic, no older than 48 hours.  There will be a temperature check at the entrance and anyone with a temperature above 37,5℃ (99.5℉) will not be allowed to take the exams.  Masks must be worn the entire time.

We still have a curfew from 9 pm - 5 am.  So my plan is to get my Covid test on Thursday or Friday and then go to Prague on Friday.  I expect that hotels will still be closed so I'll rent an airbnb, take my exam on Saturday and return to Brno on Sunday morning.

Update:  I'm glad that I didn't choose 13.3.  Due to the newest restrictions, all of the tests scheduled for 13.3., have been moved to 24.4.  But let's hope that my 10.4., exam doesn't get moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment