Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year Provisions

I swear that I have the best friends ever. Steven & Michael sent me a Christmas/New Year's box of provisions. Thanks boys!!! They mailed it Friday, January 7th and it arrived today on the 14th. It must have just made it out of Atlanta before the snow hit. Atlanta has had a record amount of snow so I figured that my box would be stuck out somewhere at the ATL airport. This is the fastest that I've received something from the USA.

Quite the contrast to the holiday cards I mailed home. I mailed cards out December 11th. Mail between the ČR and the USA normally takes 7 - 10 days. With the holidays I figured people would get their cards sometime between Christmas and New Year's. Oh but no. People got their cards around January 8th, some even later. But at least they got them. I guess this year I need to mail cards out by November 1st.

Anyway...Steven has gotten really good at boxing things up. I could not believe just how much stuff he was able to pack. I received some fuses, a few guide books, cologne, an assortment of face wash, Jif Extra Crunchy peanut butter, hazelnut coffee creamer, Degree deodorant/anti-perspirant, black beans, a blank GSU journal, Splenda sugar packets and a new Coach leather passport cover. They even sent me over a pound of jelly beans for me to take in to work. I swear these Czechs at IBM have gotten addicted to jelly beans. I may have to ration these out in order to make them last. Just saying...they do take up a lot of room in a small box.

1 comment: