Saturday, January 22, 2011

Travel Expo

With all of my recent travels, I haven't had a chance to write about Brno and the Czech Republic. I've been here for six months now and I haven't seen much of this country, except for that long weekend in Prague with Steven and Michael. So one of my goals this year is to actually see more of this country.

Fortunately this weekend, at the exhibition center, there was the 20th International Travel Trade Fair and the 19th International Fair of Regional Tourism. For only 80 Kč ($4.40) you had access to almost 1,100 exhibitors.

To be honest, the travel fair portion was kind of a let down. The goal was to get some ideas for trips around ČR. And the travel fair seemed to just have information about Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Africa, South America, or package tours to the Grand Canyon. Not really what I was looking for.
However, the regional tourism section was cool. There were plenty of booths for all of the different areas in Czech, plus Slovakia and Poland. There were people in traditional costumes and even some live music.

The vast majority of brochures were only available in Czech. I know, I know...I need to learn more Czech. But I did manage to pick up a few, in either English or German, for some places that look like cool places to visit. Now to start planning out the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment