Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1st Hostel Experience

I had another "first" this past weekend. I stayed in a hostel. What an experience...
I went to MilanItaly, this past weekend with Claudia, Marcus and Janelle. Our flight from Bratislava didn't put us in to Milan until 11:30 PM and it took another hour just to make it to the city.

Since we would only have part of Friday night and Saturday night we figured we would just get a private room in a hostel and save some money. And at only €100 total for four people for two nights the price was great.
We also chose this particular place because of its convenient location and this was one of the only places that was able to provide a private room for four people.

However, when we got there we found out that meant a double bed and two singles.

We knew that we would have to share a bathroom with the other rooms. But I was scared of the bathroom. I don't get why it was so bad. It would only take a few gallons of bleach to get rid of the mold in the shower. I could not wait to get back to Bratislava on Sunday night just to take a shower!!!
I don't see myself staying at the Hotel Lario again. The gang did all say that this was the worst hostel any of them had ever seen before. I may give hostels another chance but I'm not staying at one that doesn't have at least a 90% rating on hostelworld.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment