Sunday, October 10, 2021

Olomouc Weekend

Thanks to Covid I haven't been able to travel at all like I normally do.  I decided that this weekend I was going to at least get out of Brno for the weekend so I decided to spend it up in Olomouc.

It's been a while.  The last time I was here was back in 2014 with my parents.  I still think of Olomouc as a little tiny Prague but without all of the tourists.

Not much has changed.  There's still the plague column, all of the fountains, the astronomical clock, and the cathedral.


It does look like St. Michal's church, where the bells are, is having some serious internal work being done.

There was no stinky cheese on this trip though.  The city has renovated the main tourist information office and for some reason they no longer have the tvarůžky vending machine which was a bit of a let down. 


Other then this slight disappointment it was a nice little weekend away.

I need to make sure that it's not another seven years before my next visit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment