Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Re-register with the Foreign Police

I had hoped when I received my last ID card that it would be a very long time before I had to go back to the Interior Ministry.  That hope was short lived.  I actually needed to make two visits but I just combined them and did everything at once.

1.  Since I have a new passport I needed to give the information to the authorities.
2.  Since I'm moving I need to update my ID card.  I needed to show a copy of my new lease, provide biometric data and buy a 1000 Kč (~$39) stamp.

I'm not 100% on the law but I believe that you need to report a new address within 30 days of moving.

Oh a joyful day of bureaucracy but, all and all, it was't actually too bad.  I did manage to do everything in Czech.  It should take about two weeks before my new ID card is ready.  What's nice is that I got to keep my current card while my new one is in the works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment