Tuesday, November 5, 2013

1000th Russian Hit

I still can't believe how many hits that this blog receives.  I usually average over 50 new hits a day.  And from all over the world.  This still amazes me that so many people read what is basically my on-line journal.

Today I received my 1000th unique hit from Russia.  Not the 1000th time someone in Russia has looked at my blog.  My blog was viewed by the 1000th new IP address in Russia.  Большое спасибо России! 

At some point I still need to visit Russia.  The main reason I haven't gone so far is simply because Russia requires a visa and the application process is a pain in the ass.

Recently, Russia has implemented some tough new anti-gay legislation.  Basically "propaganda of nontraditional sexual orientation" is illegal so as to protect minors.  Utter rubbish!  

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on next year's Olympic Games in Sochi.  Perhaps I'll make it over next year to either St. Petersburg or Kaliningrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment