Friday, March 2, 2012

Müggelsee, Germany

I spent three days this week at an IBM leadership course in Berlin.  The course was held at a conference center on the Müggelsee, in east Berlin.


The Müggelsee is the biggest urban lake in Europe.  It has an area of 7.4 sq km (1.6 sq miles) and is 8 meters (26.25 feet) deep at its deepest point.

Claudia's parents live in Rahnsdorf which borders the lake.  Unfortunately, I was so busy with the course that I was unable to stop by and pay them a visit.  In fact, my days were so full that I didn't even get to go out and see the lake.  I had just enough time to grab a couple of photos on my iPhone.  It's a good thing that I've been there before.

Most people who live near the Müggelsee are against the new Berlin airport that opens in a few months.  People just still aren't happy with an expected daily average of 122 planes flying over the lake.

Update:  The new airport finally opened in December 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment