Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hitting the Gun Range

On Sunday, I went with Natalie and some of her colleagues from FNZ to the local gun range.

It was a good time. The last time I shot anything was an M-16 back 1993 during my Air Force days. From an M-16 to a Kalashnikov AK-47...what a difference 18 years makes.

We all shot a 9mm Glock, an AK-47, and a .357 Magnum. As a treat, the instructor gave us all a free shot with a Smith & Wesson 500. My favorite was the Glock. But I did hit a "10" with the S&W 500. Woo-Hoo!!

That S&W has a heck of a kickback. Here's a short video of Natalie's turn shooting it.



For those interested, I don't know what the fees are but, here's what it takes to get a gun permit here.
  • Must be at least 21 years old (or 18 for a "B" permit used for sporting purposes).
  • Long-term residence in the ČR
  • Absence of a criminal record in the ČR
  • A current passport
  • Medical clearance from a doctor
  • A passing score on the qualification exam - foreigners can use a certified translator since the exam is only given in Czech.
  • Non-EU citizens must also present a copy of their police record from their home country, translated in to Czech
I don't have any interest in getting a gun permit. However, it was a nice way to burn off some stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment