Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Merry Wives of Windsor

Every year there is a Summer Shakespeare Festival where, for a few months, people can see open-air productions. In fact, this is the 11th year of the festival with performances in Brno, Prague, Ostrava and Olšany.

Unfortunately, my Czech isn't anywhere near the point where I could attempt to attend a show. Shakespeare can be difficult enough without having to figure it out in Czech.

The good news is that this year there were productions in English too! Woo-Hoo!!!

The GB Theatre Company came from England and put on two different performances at Brno's Old Town Hall. On Monday, I went with Claudia and some other IBMers to see The Merry Wives of Windsor. I had never heard of this play before but who cares? I was just happy to go watch something in English.

It was a really good comdey!! Very funny and the entire cast was awesome. They even had a couple of ringers. Former Hollyoaks star Matt Milburn and BBC 1’s My Family star Gabriel Thomson were in the show as well. Not a bad way to spend a Monday evening.


On Tuesday evening they performed As You Like It. I missed that one because I had Czech class. But who knows? If I stick at my lessons then maybe next year I can try one of the Czech performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment