Wednesday, October 31, 2012

L'Eau Vive

Tonight was interesting.  One of our colleagues has decided to return back to Togo and we had a little farewell evening with him at a restaurant near Petrov.

It was at l'Eau Vive.  So a French restaurant, run by African nuns, in Czech Republic.  Things are very international over here.  Now here's the kicker.  Every evening the entire restaurant sings Ave Maria. I thought that perhaps I had misunderstood the Czech but they said the same thing in French.  The sisters came around with song cards and someone came out in to the restaurant with a guitar.  You know it has to be true because I can't make up this kind of stuff.  We all sang the song in French and then Czech.  Being both Catholic and Mexican I of course know the song.  But I only know it in Spanish

One of the most most popular singers here is Lucie Bilá.  She's the Czech diva.  Here's a clip I found on YouTube of here singing Ave Maria in Czech.  Trust me, she sounds way better than we did tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment