Monday, July 19, 2021

Early Birthday Festivities

My birthday is on Wednesday but the celebrations have already begun.  Claudia came this weekend and is here for the week.  Yesterday we stopped by to visit Helena and Feró.  I was surprised with a home cooked birthday dinner.  It was lovely to see them both and dinner was delicious.

On the way home we stopped by Kraví hora, the park that is near my flat.  I haven't been able to travel much but at least we got to see Mars.

There's another display with Mars, Earth, and the moon.  I believe there will be another astronomical exhibition planned in August.

However, the best early birthday present is what Claudia brought me.  Nine jars of my favourite Spreewäldgurken pickles from Germany.  The word's best pickles.

It's not even my birthday yet but the warm up has been great.  Due to Covid restrictions, I'm not planning a party or anything but that's ok.  I'm looking forward to just going to dinner with Claudia and keeping things low key.

No comments:

Post a Comment