Sunday, May 21, 2017

2017 Depeche Mode Concert

So when I was a teenager, back in the 80's in Southern California, I missed the chance to see Depeche Mode in concert.  So when Claudia mentioned cheap €45 tickets for the Bratislava show I was definitely in.






I grew up with Depeche Mode.  They've sold over 100 million records worldwide.  Their Global Spirit Tour from May to July consists of 32 cities in 21 European countries.

The show was great!  We were in the standing section and it did start to rain.  But that's where the "I ❤️ Bratislava" rain poncho came in handy.  The concert was to promote their upcoming album so it makes sense that their focus was on the newer material.

They played 22 songs, including a five song encore, but I still wish their set had included "Master & Servant", "Shake the Disease", "Policy of Truth" and "People Are People", but they did include "Walking In My Shoes".

Here's a short clip of the beginning of "Enjoy the Silence" that I got on my mobile phone.

 

Update:  In 2018, Depeche Mode will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment