Friday, March 29, 2013

Zelený čtvrtek

This is my 700th post since starting this blog.  Who would have thought that it would have lasted this long?  I used to worry about running out of things to write about but I really don't see that as a problem anymore.  Now I wonder how long until I reach my 1,000th post?

Zelený čtvrtek is "Green Thursday".  This is Maundy Thursday, also known as Holy Thursday, which is the Thursday before Easter.  In Christianity it commemorates the Last Supper and is followed by Good Friday.

So every Zelený čtvrtek the Starobrno brewery puts out a limited quantity of green beer.  It is only available in select pubs and when it's gone, it's gone.  The green beer is 13° so it is stronger than normal.

I've been wanting to give the green beer a try since I moved here but I've never had any luck.  In 2010 and 2011 it was pouring down rain so I skipped it.  Then I was out of town last year.  This year I finally made it to the brewery but the weather was super cold yesterday so the outside festivities didn't last long.  The beer was pretty good and I've ticked off another thing from my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment