Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mezi Skepy Winery

One of the guys at work organized a visit to a winery, in Čejkovice, for an evening of drinking on Friday night.  The winery, Mezi sklepy, is a small, third generation family-owned firm.

Čejkovice is a village in South Moravia about +/- 40 km (25 miles) south-east of Brno.  However, with all of the snow and traffic accidents it took us almost 1.5 hours to get there.

Most people planned to spend the night there and leave the next day.  Since this was my last weekend in town before I fly out next week I made arrangements to come home Friday night, actually Saturday morning, so that I could get a few things done.

It was a really nice time just hanging out with friends and getting to sample so many different types of Moravian wine.  The blends here are different from what we have back home.  When my parents come for a visit next year I'll be sure to introduce them to all of the great Moravian wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment