Monday, March 1, 2021

No Plane in a Year

It's now been a year since I've been on a plane.  A full year.  Last year I went to the Åland Islands and managed to get in a quick visit with Eiko in Helsinki before my flight home.  That airBaltic flight from Helsinki to Vienna was the last time I was on an airplane.

A full year for me without a flight.  That would have seemed impossible last year.  COVID-19 changed the world and who knows how long it will take before things get back to normal?  Or at least as close as possible to what normal used to look like.

My last flight

Last year the goal was 20 countries in 2020.  That didn't happen.  I did manage to get up to Berlin in July for a week in between lockdowns.  I am ready for a trip someplace.  Any place.  However, with the new lockdown it's anyone's guess when that will happen.  All I can do now is continue to stay as safe as possible and wait it out.  

Speaking of waiting, I've still got my citizenship test scheduled for 10.4.  At least for now but I have a feeling that it will get cancelled again.

No comments:

Post a Comment