Sunday, August 18, 2019

Golden Tram Ceremony

Yesterday was the official 150th anniversary of Brno public transit.  The official ceremony took place at Moravské náměstí with an honour guard in period costume.  There were a few speeches by local officials.

There was an unveiling at the spot were at 19:00, 150 years before, the first horse-drawn tram made its first trip to Královo pole.

After all of the speeches and the balloons were released the golden tram was there to take people on a short ride to Královo pole and back to commemorate the first Brno tram ride.

I got to sit in my sponsored team for the 10 minute ride.

I'm glad that I sponsored a seat.  Brno has become home and it's cool to think that I was able to give even a little something back to the city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment