Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Night at the Ballet

So, what to do on a Tuesday night in Brno?  

Well last night Kája and I went to the ballet at the Mahen theatre and had tickets to sit in the Presidential Box.

Last night's performance was Popelka, which is the Czech version of Cinderella.  It was a new interpretation of the story so it wasn't the American version of Cinderella or the classic version of Popelka that I'm used to, but good nonetheless. 

During the intermission we had champagne and chlebíčky.  I swear, only in a Czech theatre can you get champagne and chlebíčky.  So cool.






Anyways, we had a really nice evening and the performance was great. 

The arts scene in Brno really is world class and there's always something going on.  I think I need to try a Czech language play sometime.  Most likely a drama.  I'd prefer a comedy but humour is usually pretty difficult to catch on to in a foreign language.  

No comments:

Post a Comment