Friday, July 15, 2022

Keyboard Stickers

It was time to refresh my work computer and I had the choice to stay with a Mac or switch over to a Lenovo laptop using Windows.  Well, I'm such a jablečný kluk, an Apple guy, now that I didn't even consider switching back to a Windows operating system.  Kyndryl provided me with a new MacBook Air.  There's just one big problem.  They issued me a laptop with an American keyboard.  

I can't use an American keyboard.  It may seem funny to some people but my muscle memory has changed and now I touch type with a Czech keyboard.  I struggle anytime I have to use an American or German keyboard because I'm so used to Czech keyboard now.  It's not just the QWERTZ vs QWERTY thing but all of the punctuation characters are in different spots and I also type using Czech accented letters.

The fix was to order keyboard stickers.  I went into settings as set up a Czech keyboard and now I'm going to place stickers on the keys.  Even when touch typing, I occasionally glance at the keyboard to get my bearings and I want the keyboard to match my language setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment