Friday, July 5, 2019

Finally in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I finally made it to Malaysia.  Finally as in I've been wanting to go to Kuala Lumpur for about 20 years now.  Finally also as in it was a 13 hour flight from London Heathrow on British Airways.

Finally, also as in, I'm actually here.  I used to have a project management team located in Cyberjava and I was supposed to visit them five different times.  But something always came up.  Usually it made more sense to either send someone else or to bring some of them over to Brno instead of me going there.

The team was disbanded in 2016 but I still miss working with this group.  Jessica was waiting for me at my hotel when I arrived.  I checked in, dropped off my bags, and we headed out to meet some of the gang for dinner.  It was so nice catching up with everyone.

What made this really special is that Kartik is the only one who still works at IBM.  Everyone else has moved on to other companies but they still came out tonight.  Dolika is now living in Europe but she joined on FaceTime long enough to be in the selfie.  What an incredible start to my KL adventure.  Now to get some sleep and hope that there's not too much rain tomorrow.

Dharma, Lik Min, Kartik, Jessica, and Dolika on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment