Saturday, September 1, 2018

Ryanair Sucks!

I'm over Ryanair.  They suck!  To me, they are the "blue devil".

I'm not being a snob and I've got no problem with discount airlines.  I've flown several of them without any issue.  I just don't like how Ryanair treats their staff or their passengers.  Constant changing luggage requirements, additional visa checks that prevent non-EU citizens from using mobile boarding passes, late flights, uncomfortable seats,...the list goes on and on.  I wasn't happy with them in July when they cost me an extra €100 and almost ruined my birthday trip to the Aran Islands.

Last night, my flight to London Stansted was an hour late leaving Brno Airport.  It then took 45 minutes for my luggage to show up on the baggage carousel.  Then 40 minutes before my flight to Dublin, they announce a two-hour delay.   There went my plan to catch public transport and I needed to spend €40 on a taxi.

It will be a quite a while before I ever get on another Ryanair flight.

I'll stick to British Airways.  And when I have a discount airline option I'll limit myself to Aer Lingus, Wizz Air, Norwegian, FlyBe, Air Baltic, or Easyjet.

Update:  FlyBe ceased operations in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment