Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Weekend in Brussels, Belgium

After my little travel delay I managed to get to Belgium and had a great weekend in Brussels.  It's such a great city to visit.




I haven't been to Brussels since 2010 so it was fun to visit the medieval Grand Place, Royal Palace, Parc du Cinquantenaire and few of the local churches.

No visit to the city is complete without seeing Mannekin Pis.  This time he was sporting a national uniform.

There's also girl version called Jeanneke Pis.  People throw coins in to the fountain the loyalty of loved ones.  I believe there's also a peeing dog version but we didn't see it.  Maybe next time.

EU Commission HQ
If I ever manage to make it during the week then I for sure want to take the tour of the EU headquarters.







On Sunday we went to see the Atomium and to spend the day at Mini-Europe.

Saturday night at the Grand Place there was a concert for La Fête de la Fédération.  Here's a short video I took of the DJ spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment