Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I survived!

I survived!  Some people had no idea how I was going to survive my family's first visit to Europe.  And for five weeks no less.  Well it really wasn't that difficult.  But it was a good thing, after a few weeks, to send them off to Budapest alone so that everyone could take a breather.

I left my family in Vienna and I came back to Brno today.  Tomorrow they are headed to Munich for a week and then they return to Prague to catch their flight back to the USA.  My flat now seems really empty and quiet now.

It was a great to have my family come visit.  I still can't believe that the last five weeks went by so quickly.  They finally got to see where I live and to meet some of my friends whom they've heard so much about over the years.  My dad even said that he now understands why I live in Europe.  Now to get them back for another visit in a couple of years.  Next time we may hit northern Poland, Scandinavia and Ireland.  But before that I'll need to go visit the USA first, perhaps in 2016 or 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment