Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's in Malta

New Year's Eve has never been my favorite holiday. Sure it was a lot of fun when I was younger and I've had my adventures. But as I get older I just find it to be a lot more tedious. Everything costs way more than it should. People drink way more than they should. There is more traffic, delays due to extra security, etc.

So I really prefer a more laid back NYE. I'm lucky that Miran feels the same way. So yesterday we went to the local market and picked up a few supplies and had a nice little picnic in our hotel room. Later we walked down to the Sliema promenade and found a spot with a great view of Valletta, across the water. We cracked open a bottle of champagne and watched the fireworks over the capital city. It was a really nice time. And since we're not hung over, (we didn't even finish the bottle of bubbly), we are ready to go out and do some more exploring today.

video

4 comments:

  1. awesome video thanks 4 sharing this post with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post information and beautiful video Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete