Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sarajevo Snowstorm

April in Bosnia and Herzegovina...I should expect nice Spring weather, right? When I arrived on Monday the weather was fine. It was clear. I had a short sleeve shirt on while walking through town. No worries. On Tuesday, it was a little cooler but it was still nice weather. From my hotel bed on Tuesday night I heard it begin to rain. I thought no problem as long as it doesn't rain on my Wednesday trip to Srebrenica.

On Wednesday morning I woke up to 10 cm (~4 inches) of snow. I didn't pack any cold weather clothes. So my first stop Wednesday morning was to buy a scarf and cap. At least they make nice souvenirs from my Sarajevo trip. And looking on the bright side...I got to retake a bunch of pictures with snow. It's kind of like getting two trips in one. Here are pictures form my hotel window on Monday afternoon and Wednesday morning.












No comments:

Post a Comment