Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Google

So from the moment I arrived in Brno all of my Internet pages have gone Czech. The Google now comes up as Google Czech Republic. It's the same thing for YouTube. And Facebook now gives me ads in Czech.

Here's one thing I did not count on...
I figured that if my favorite TV shows (Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, etc.) were not shown over here that I could at least watch them online at abc.com or cbs.com. Nope!!! I now get error codes that theses shows are only available to individuals in the U.S. Bastards!! I guess it makes sense if Cuba, China and North Korea can block Internet content, that the U.S. would do the same to protect copyrights. I've been told that there are things called torrents and some programs you can download to hide your IP address to watch U.S. TV online over here. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment