Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Time in Brno

PF 2013
It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas around here.  I have yet to see a white Christmas in Brno.  Luckily, it started snowing again today.  Typically all of the snow melts a couple of days before Christmas and doesn't come back until after New Year's.  

You can tell that it's Christmas time because the vendors are out selling the bathtub fish for dinner on the 24th.

Still not my favorite Czech tradition but who am I to judge?

 
One tradition I love is going to the Christmas market at Zelný trh for my favorite  Vánoční punč (Christmas punch).  I wait all year to be able to get one.  It is made from black tea, orange juice, lemon, cinnamon, honey and orange liqueur, topped with whipped cream.  It is so yummy!!
 

 









Veselé Vánoce a šťastný nový rok! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment