Friday, July 8, 2022

Pre-Birthday Care Package

It's been a while since I received a care package from the USA.  I'm not complaining mind you.  The cost to mail a care parcel from the USA has increased to $77 and now there's VAT due on everything.  After more than a decade here I'm just not as dependent on getting things from back home.  If there's something that I really need I can find in locally or at least on Amazon.  Of course there are some things that I can't find.  I can't remember the last time that I had Rocky Road ice cream and it's not like I can have ice cream mailed to me.  

I was working from home today when the postman buzzed my door.  I was surprised because I hadn't ordered anything but here was a box from my sister in California.  I had to pay 120 Kč ($5.40) for VAT due which I could pay with my iPhone.  It's still two weeks until my birthday so I should wait until then to open up my presents.  I do know that there's a box of corn muffin mix and according to the custom's form there should be some socks.  I can't wait to see what all she sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment