Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Air Mail Stickers

Back in 2018, Steven and Michael took a trip to Canada and sent me three postcards from Québec.  I don't know why but for some reason Steven put Michael in charge of posting them.  Michael put the "air mail" sticker on each card but forgot to put an actual stamp on each postcard.  The Canadian post office must have felt sorry for him because I ended up receiving two of the three postcards in Brno even though they didn't have any stamps.  

Obviously, a stamp is always required when you mail a postcard.  The air mail sticker is optional.  When I was still travelling, pre-COVID, I would ask the post office clerk for a few extra air mail stickers.  Sometimes the post office had them and sometimes they didn't but when they did, no country's post office has ever not given me a few extra stickers.  

Just to have a laugh, I sent them a postcard this week that was chockablock with nothing but different air mail stickers from across the world.  Here's the card I sent prior to buying a stamp at the post office.  I'm sure that they'll get a chuckle out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment