Tuesday, March 19, 2019

2019 Gran Canaria Trip Summary

So after almost 10 years of living in Euroland I finally went to the Canary Islands.  What the hell had I been thinking?  Gran Canaria was awesome!  I definitely need to come back sometime soon.  I just don't know if I should do Maspalomas again or if maybe next time I check out Tenerife or Fuerteventura or Lanzarote.  Decisions, decisions...I know...first world problems.

I enjoyed getting a break from the Brno cold.  I loved the 29℃ (84℉) weather.

My Spanglish worked fine here but I really didn't need to worry about it, like I do in Spain,  because there are so many British and German tourists here that English and German would have been enough to get by.

The day trip to Las Palmas was fun.  But I really enjoyed the day tour around the island, especially the chance to do a bit of hiking to see Roque Nublo.

I honestly had no idea of just how gay friendly it would be. There's quite a number of gay bars and clubs.  I even got to see my first European drag show.  I hadn't seen a cabaret act since I left the U.S.  

No comments:

Post a Comment