Saturday, May 8, 2021

Mozaiko Presentation

A couple of months after I first moved to Brno I had to give a "Me & IBM" presentation to the project management unit.  Basically where I came from, my background, how I ended up in Czechland, blah blah blah.  It's hard to believe that was almost 12 years ago.

Mozaiko is the local IBM communications team initiative to champion cultural diversity.   The team has been on me for a while about basically doing the same kind of presentation but for the entire centre.   I've dodged the bullet a few times by recommending other speakers but I finally ran out of excuses so it was my time to present again.

Over the years I've had many people want to see photos of me when I was a kid and from when I was in the U.S. Air Force.  Never let it be said that I'm not a good sport.  

Me with a football?  I don't even like American football.  


Back at basic training at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.  This was October 1989 before I went to tech school.

I then gave the story of how a California dude ended up in Atlanta before eventually coming to Brno.


I shared my career history of how I found myself working for IBM.  I spoke about some of the opportunities I've had here in Brno as well as about how I keep myself busy while not working.


Yesterday's web presentation and Q&A session lasted an hour.  The entire thing was recorded and made available for IBMers who can download it.  Hopefully this means I'm off the hook for at least a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment