Thursday, December 31, 2020

PF 2021

Šťastný nový rok!  

Happy New Year! 

PF 2021

What a year 2020 has been and I'm glad that it is just about over.  Here's hoping that 2021 will be much better.

2020 was supposed to be a big travel year.  I was all set with trips to 20 countries in 2020.  I started off strong and then COVID-19 came in and flipped the script.  However, I was fortunate enough to still hit 8 countries.


Since 2009, I always visit at least one new country a year.  This year it was going to be Vietnam and Cambodia.  That didn't happen so my streak came to an end.  Oh well.  The biggest disappointment was not getting to the USA this year.  I missed getting to see my parents, Steven & Michael, and make it to my nieces's high school graduation which ended up getting cancelled anyway due to COVID-19.  Hopefully I can make it over to the USA in 2021 but it all depends on how quickly the vaccine gets distributed. 

I can't believe that I don't have any travel planned right now.  By this time of the year I've normally pretty much planned out the entire year.  As of now, nothing is in the diary.  I haven't even bothered to look at the 2021 public holiday calendar to find out what long weekends we'll have next year.  Very unlike me.  

At least I'm safe and don't have COVID-19.  All of my family is safe and doing their best to keep isolated.

My biggest hope for 2021 is that I can finally sit for my language exam and citizenship test.  If I pass, and can submit my paperwork then hopefully I'll get Czech citizenship some time in 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment